Before you start your installation.
Read and follow the complete XBB Dongle® installation guide before you install your auxiliary lights and XBB PowerUnit®.
Note! Always install the XBB Dongle® first so you know there is a suitable recipe for your car!
- In case of questions, please check our FAQ first!
- Confirm that your car is present in our recipe list on xbb.se
- NOTE! If your car model is not on the list, the only way to know if it works is by connecting an XBB Dongle® and try different recipes on your vehicle.
- Download the XBB Configurator app from Google Play or App Store.
- Launch the app and register an account.
- Verify the account with the code sent to your email. (If no email arrives, check in the Spam)
- You must have Location Settings enabled in your phone to find XBB Dongle® & XBB PowerUnit®
XBB Dongle® installation.
- Locate your car's diagnostic socket (OBD2). It should be in the vicinity of the steering wheel, usually at the driver's legroom. There may also be a small hatch that hides the socket.
- Mount your XBB Dongle® in the OBD2 socket, make sure to press it all the way in.
- Launch the app and click on "Scan for XBB Dongle".
- Click on the XBB Dongle® that appears to continue the installation.
- Follow the Firmware Update instructions if one is recommended.
- Click once again on "Scan for XBB Dongle" and select it when it appears in the app. Should it not be visible, take it out of the OBD2 socket and put it back again.
Note! The XBB Dongle® is only visible for 10 minutes after closing the app, if you want it to always be visible, you have to pair it with your phone via the main menu in the app.
- Choose Recipe based on what kind of car you have. NOTE! If there already is a recipe in the XBB Dongle you have to remove that recipe before selecting a new one. Click on and choose Remove recipe.
- Check that the signals / functions you are interested in work in the app by trying them in the car. For example, if you activate the headlight on the car, HIGHBEAM should change the status to ON and be marked in green. The same applies to other signals. If you want to try another recipe, click on it Check that the signals / functions you are interested in work in the app by trying them in the car. For example, if you activate the headlight on the car, HIGHBEAM should change the status to ON and be marked in green. The same applies to other signals. If you want to try another recipe, click on it
- IMPORTANT! Finish the installation by switching of and lock your car. Then check in the app if the signal SYSTEM_ACTIVE listed. If so it's important that SYSTEM_ACTIVE gets highlighted with red color (0/AV/OFF) 2 minutes after exiting and locking your car. If that doesn't happen the selected recipe isn't compatible with your car and there's a risk of draining the battery. Please try a different recipe.
- Please take a look at our FAQ before you contact our support!
XBB PowerUnit® installation
- Install the XBB PowerUnit® in your car, you can find wiring examples here.
Note! Make sure that negative cable (GND) is connected to the correct pin on XBB PowerUnit®, especially if you're using a ready-made relay harness! If it is incorrectly connected, click here for help.
Note! When placing the XBB PowerUnit® it's important that it's mounted in an upright position with the contacts downward, otherwise it may take in water.
- The next step is to add your XBB PowerUnit® in the app.
- If you still have the app running, just press PowerUnit or swipe left to get to the XBB PowerUnit® page. If you have taken a break during the actual installation, you must search for your XBB Dongle® again to access the menu. If it has also been more than 10 minutes since you were connected to your XBB Dongle®, you need to pull it out and insert it again in the diagnostic socket and it will be visible to the phone again.
- When you are on the PowerUnite page, press button in the lower right corner and select "Add PowerUnit", then select the XBB PowerUnit® that appears.
- Then press (Settings) to configure your XBB PowerUnit®
- Select in the list which signal you want Output 1 (15 amps or 180W @ 12V) to follow. Is it the usual headlight you want it to follow, you should generally choose HIGHBEAM.
- Select in the list which signal you want Output 2 (5 amps or 60W @ 12V) to follow. If you have nothing connected to Output 2, set it to Inactive.
- You can use the "Force on" & "Force off" function to check that you have connected your lighting correctly, but remember to select "Follow signal" and press Save in the upper right corner before completing the installation.
- Perform a function test of the entire installation. Remember some features such as automatic high beam may not work unless it is dark outside.
- IMPORTANT! Did you read the whole guide and by doing so you checked the SYSTEM_ACTIVE in the app? If you didn't, read through the XBB Dongle installation again please.
If you need help, please use our support site